• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jrheintz

jrheintz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

The webenar refers to printing of some reports?

Will the sharable CD be capable of printing, family grp sheets, geneation sheets, family charts, and most importantly the capability of printing a book of the family represented by the CD or DVD?

Thank you for your comments.

John Heintz

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6250 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

I have not created a sharable cd for quite a while. RM Help says it includes a read-only version of RootsMagic. I don't know if that is the same as the free RootsMagic Essentials but the latter does support many reports, with limitations. So even if the sharable version does not support reports, the free Essentials version does. However, don't expect either to support the publishing of a book. For that, they will need the full version.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

I just checked one I created with RM5 and it creates most of the reports, Family Group Sheet included.
It will Print these reports but the SAVE button seems to be missing from the sharable CD generated reports so that they cannot be saved as files except by printing with some other software to a file.

I am pretty sure other versions of RM's sharable CDs would be the same in that respect.
Alfred