4 replies to this topic

#1 jonmira

jonmira

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

When I highlight an ancestor, say "John Smith", and then open the scrapbook report, the title of the at the top of scrapbook display has another ancestor's name listed, e.g., "Scrapbook: Angela Brown." Why this other ancestor's name is on the scrapbook report is beyond me.

To correct this, I then have to click on the "Title" button and delete "Scrapbook: Angela Brown" and enter: "Scrapbook: John Smith." Surely, this I am missing something concerning the scrapbook procedure.

Thanks for any help.

John

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

When creating the scrapbook for a person or family, click on the TITLE button then on the little green button at the right end of the field and choose "Person's Name" for a personal scrapbook. (more choices for family scrapbook)
That will put "[Person]" in the field and the scrapbook will have the correct name for each scrapbook page.
Alfred

#3 jonmira

jonmira

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Alfred,

Thank you.

By the way, I have the RootsMagic version 4 book, and there is not any reference (pages 111 and 176) to the "little green button."

Alfred, any opinion about upgrading to version 5 or version 6.

John

#4 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Well, there is no reason to go to 5 and it may even be difficult to find. SO, the question is whether you want to try the latest version or not.
By the way, I checked your question out on my copy of version 4. I have it and 3, 5 6 all available on this compute, along with a few versions of Family Origins.

You can download the RootsMagic 6 Essentials and play with it for free.
It can be changed to the full version for about $20.

Anyway, the Essentials can be downloaded and installed without removing the version 4 that you have. They will run just fine together on the same computer. OH, I don't think versions 5 and 6 will run on anything before Windows XP, so if you are using 98 or before, you are out of luck.

ANYHEW, it wouldn't cost you anything but a little time to try 6 Essentials to see if you think it is worth the money.
Alfred

#5 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

I don't know what the Version 4 book shows. Books are usually not updated to keep up with changes in later updates of a version and I dont know in what update of RM4 the little green button appeared.

But, in the last version of RM4 which is the version I have, if you choose the Scrapbook report and click on the Title button on the Report settings screen, you will see the little green button to the right side of the Report Title box as Alfred said.