• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 halagad

halagad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

It would be handy for me if record numbers appeared on the individual screen. I make a lot of todo lists, and since some folks have the same name, I need record numbers to differentiate. It would be nice to have this information on the screen. Thanks....Dave

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6268 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

They are available as an option under Tools > File Options > General: "Number to display after name".

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 halagad

halagad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

DUH!!....Thanks Tom....I appreciate it.

#4 KenCRoy

KenCRoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

They are available as an option under Tools > File Options > General: "Number to display after name".

This option should probably be in the Tools > Program Options since as is one has to set this option for every different database. I looked high and nigh for the option yesterday and did not find it under Program options. It never dawned on me to look under File options.

#5 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2073 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

I suppose the additional flexibility was the reason it was placed under File Options.

#6 Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Something I would like to see under Options in the Index is to have the Ref number turned on or Off. Going through my Data I find where I need to add a Ref number. The only way I can see which names are missing the ref number is to create a Custom Report.

#7 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6268 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

The only way I can see which names are missing the ref number is to create a Custom Report.

There are other ways:
1. Customize People View to include the Ref# fact as a column and sort on that column. All persons lacking it will have a blank cell and will be clustered together.
2. Find Persons or the Select from a List option for Colour coding or Named Groups open RM Explorer. Use the Mark button and set the criterion to Reference Number fact does not exist.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#8 Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Wow, and I was doing all this in Custom Reports.

Thanks Tom