• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mjweeks

mjweeks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

When I save a Narrative Report as RTF, every toc and index entry shows "Bookmark not found".
Anyone else see this? Is there a solution? I use Nisus Writer Pro, which is MS Word compatible.

Thanks

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6174 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

Compatible but not equal...

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 mjweeks

mjweeks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

I just opened my RTF report in Word 2007. The TOC entries are missing. I must assume that RTF files are not supported. This means adding the entries the old fashioned way or adding chapter headings with the right style. Oh well!

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6174 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

I just double-checked a book I created in Publisher over a year ago in RM5, re-published, saved to RTF, opened in MS Word 2010, ToC and Indexes all intact. According to Wikipedia, the latest and final RTF spec was 1.9.1 in 2008, incorporating all the features supported by Word 2007. Examining the RTF file with PSPad, I see nothing that states the version of RTF used by RM but there is a statement that it was generated by WPTools_6.250-PRM, i.e., WPTools 6 Premium, the current version of which is 6.25.4.

I have not found what level of RTF WPTools supports; at http://www.wpcubed.c.../fileformat.htm it lists RTF features it supports, which implies that it may not be full RTF support.

That there is an update of WPTools later than the one compiled in RM6 also suggests that there have been bugs fixed since the older version. Assuming the RootsMagician has access to the WPTools updates, perhaps the next RM6 update might also incorporate the latest WPTools update. Whether that will have any beneficial effect is anybody's guess. I have not found any update history for WPTools.

SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#5 mjweeks

mjweeks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

OK. I will muddle along.

#6 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6174 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

Here is something we learn from the WPTools forum:
rstedman

Posted ImagePosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:41 pm Post subject: WPTools RTF version Posted Image What version of the RTF standard does WPTools support? Does it support up to the latest version (1.9.1), or some earlier version? Back to top Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image wpsupport
Site Admin

Posted ImagePosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:13 am Post subject: Posted Image The RTF Specification is mainly a document what describes what MS Word can do in a text. WPTools can do a subset of it. It does not do the drawings, revision marks and more advanced table formatting. I think You do not expect a component to fully implement the flagship product of one of the largest software companies?