6 replies to this topic

#1 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

When I go to my published website, all seems to be OK other than that the facts on the Family Group Sheet and the Individual Details are often not in the correct date order.

Looking more closely, the first fact that appears out of order seems (always) to be the death. Following that, the rest of the facts sometimes seem to be in the correct ascending order (ignoring the death fact) though sometimes the date sequence reverts to an earlier date but with the following facts then in ascending order.

I've checked that the sort dates associated with the "error" facts - and all the other facts - are set correctly, and they would seem to be.

Is anyone else seeing this sort of problem? In my tree it certainly isn't difficult to spot this problem for people who have a reasonable number of facts including a death fact.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8332 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

Can you share the URL to a page you see this issue on?
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Can you share the URL to a page you see this issue on?

Renee, See http://my.rootsmag*****eet.html#8 - both David Allen and his wife Rebecca Ann Adamson suffer from this problem. If you move round the tree, you will find other examples.

(Note that I used 6.0.0.2 to create the tree.)

#4 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3442 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

It appears to my eyes that RootsMagic is listing all Individual facts by ascending date followed by all Family facts in ascending date order. That is probably by program design, I suspect.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#5 alansogd

alansogd

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

Yes, right now it is all individual events in order, followed by family events in order by family. We actually already have this in our tracking system as a "to fix", but it's a little more complicated to fix than you'd think from just looking at it and has been pushed in the meantime in the interest of fixing more significant issues that take less time to resolve.

I expect this to be fixed sometime before version 7, but probably not any time in the next few months.

#6 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

Yes, I see now the significance of the order they appear in. A fully understandable explanation that it would be good to get fixed in due course.

#7 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3442 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

Perhaps a good short term solution might be a dividing line in each person's table (of the same color as that line which underlines the page header) along with icon/buttons inside the table's left margin (atop each newly created half) that are exact copies of the icons used for the "Individual Page" (shows one individual) and "Show Families" (shows a family) buttons at the top of each table (or perhaps move them down into the margin)? Just a quick thought by me ;-)

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N