• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ripr

ripr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

When I select Update from the drop-down I get the following message: "You are running in the To-Go Mode. Update your desktop copy of RootsMagic and then run RootsMagic-To-Go to update this copy."

I don't use To-Go yet. How does one know if it is running? I find no switch to move between To-Go and the desktop version.

My desktop icon is directed to the RootsMagic.exe file, not the RootsMagicToGo.exe file. (Checking Proprieties)

My desktop is current (v. 6.0.0.2). Running WinXP SP3.

Bug?

Rip

#2 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3407 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

I have no such problems so I would suggest a fresh download from RM and reinstall.

I do use RMtoGo and have found myself hitting the Update button without thinking resulting in the same message you got. RM needs to be updated on the desktop and then when and if you do use RMtoGo you update that from your desktop machine.

Uninstall and re-install would be my advice, your data will still be safe.

We are all limited by our visions and abilities

Whilst we can borrow from the visions of others we cannot always deliver.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8446 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

If after installing RootsMagic you moved the folder or changed the name to the folder that RootsMagic was installed in, it will give you the message you are running in RootsMagic To-Go mode.
Renee
RootsMagic