1 reply to this topic

#1 Ken Rury

Ken Rury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Just upgraded to RM6 and was using the Problem List option to cleanup some errors and there are times when just looking at the person or family isn't enough to figure out how to resolve the date issue, it would be nice if you could have a button or right click to GoTo the person. I realize that might need to close the dialog, but that's still faster than having to search for the person again manually.

Thanks.

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3962 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

Just upgraded to RM6 and was using the Problem List option to cleanup some errors and there are times when just looking at the person or family isn't enough to figure out how to resolve the date issue, it would be nice if you could have a button or right click to GoTo the person. I realize that might need to close the dialog, but that's still faster than having to search for the person again manually.

The Problem List is an example of a live report. So unless I don't understand what you are asking for, to GoTo function already exists. Just double click the person.

Jerry

(edit added: oh, I see what you mean. You can open the person and edit them, but you really can't "Go To" them and see their full context in Pedigree View or Family View or Desdendants View or anything like that. And after editing them and closing the Edit Person sub-window, it returns to the Problem List and if you exit the Problem List it returns you to the place where you were when you ran the Problem List rather than to the person you just edited. The way it works is probably what is needed most of the time, but I can clearly see a need for the "Go To" function that you describe.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Problem List