4 replies to this topic

#1 RootsMagicLover

RootsMagicLover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

I had been using RootsMagic 3.26, and had created many reports.

I purchased and installed RootsMagic 6 and copied over the RM3 reports into the same directory structure as I had with RM3(the folders are the same in both apps).

When I attempt to generate a custom report, the Available Reports is blank.

Is there some conversion that needs to be performed on these reports to be able to use them in RM6?

If not, what do I need to do to have RM6 read the RM3 reports?

Thank you.

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6145 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

I don't think you can migrate custom report settings from RM3 to RM4 and beyond, except by manually creating new custom reports equivalent to what you had. Remember, RM4 was a total re-write of software on both a new database engine and development platform.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 RootsMagicLover

RootsMagicLover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

Tom, Thanks for the reply.

Now, I have recreated the reports, but find that they only appear in one database(i have three).

Is there a way to have these reports work for all three databases without having to recreate each report in each database manually?

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6145 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

Custom report definitions are stored in the database file and do not survive an exprt/import nor a drag'n'drop transfer. A technique would be to create a master empty database with custom reports, custom facts, custom source templates. Make a copy of it and drag'n'drop everyone from your working database into the copy. Repeat the copy master database and drag'n'drop with each working database.

SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#5 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6145 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

I overlooked a little utility that Steve Turley recently developed that can copy a custom report from one database to another. See http://sqlitetoolsfo.... Steven Turley