3 replies to this topic

#1 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3454 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

I would like to see additional Find criteria for building of Groups for further attention.

Some of the options which already exist within Lists > Fact Type Lists > Print would be a great addition and should not be hard to impliment. This would help users build Groups of potential problem areas where data needs clean up or further attention.

Posted Image

Customers should never be frustrated by things they cannot do.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.3, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

It took me a while, but I think I have got it.

What you are wishing for is to be able to create a group just like we are now able to print these lists.
Sounds good to me, it would make it easier to go down the group and do the fixing than it is now to refer to the printed list and then use the RootsMagic Explorer find each one that needed a fix.
Alfred

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6330 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

Another great wish item from Vyger!

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#4 jcdrootsmagic

jcdrootsmagic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

It would be most helpful (and productive) to be able to use the predefined Groups as an additional criteria for the “Select People/Mark group” function. If this capability were added to the “Select People/mark group” function it would greatly enhance several tasks including creating various reports, creating multiple groups and subgroups by adding them together, etc. It does not seem like this would be a complicated enhancement to the program.