3 replies to this topic

#1 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3385 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

I would like to have a Webtag icon to open the WebTag screen in the upper left of the main screen under the Toolbar that becomes visible when the person has a Webtag(s) linked to their name as do notes, sources, ToDo's, Media, etc.

I would also like to have a Webtag button for the Toolbar that opens the Webtag screen.
Laura

The following was overheard at a recent high society party...
"My ancestry goes all the way back to Alexander the Great," said one lady. She then turned to a second woman and asked, "How far does your family go back?"
"I don't know," was the reply. "All of our records were lost in the flood."
-on various web sites-

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 4152 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 GeoffB

GeoffB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

The webtag feature is a useful addition but may be moer so perhaps if there were an option to include tags within narrative reports etc - especially if they were 'clickable' links when saved as pdfs or html fles.

The tags are described as 'web' tags but by including the prefix 'file:///' instead of the usual http://, opening the tag will access other files and can even open other programs. No doubt you can also use the smb protocol (server message block) to access remote network servers.

#4 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3385 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

The tags are described as 'web' tags but by including the prefix 'file:///' instead of the usual http://, opening the tag will access other files and can even open other programs. No doubt you can also use the smb protocol (server message block) to access remote network servers.

I don't know what all that means as it is more advanced than my personal knowledge, but it sounds like users taking a feature 1 or 2 steps beyond what Bruce envisioned as it's use. Which isn't uncommon. :)
Laura

The following was overheard at a recent high society party...
"My ancestry goes all the way back to Alexander the Great," said one lady. She then turned to a second woman and asked, "How far does your family go back?"
"I don't know," was the reply. "All of our records were lost in the flood."
-on various web sites-