• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 cliffofamily

cliffofamily

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

Thanks Mate! All OK now, I'm 72 and still learning!

#42 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6218 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Also timing may be an issue. Wait a good while after deleting the website before you upload the fresh stuff. And wait a while after uploading for the server to do its thing. If all fails, then send a Personal Message (PM) to alansogd, whose profile is on the Members list.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#43 Ludlow Bay

Ludlow Bay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Also timing may be an issue. Wait a good while after deleting the website before you upload the fresh stuff. And wait a while after uploading for the server to do its thing. If all fails, then send a Personal Message (PM) to alansogd, whose profile is on the Members list.

I don't understand your recommendations, Tom. How is upload timing an issue, when the user is seeing old pages that are stored indefinitely in his local cache? And how long is "a good while"? ;)

#44 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6218 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

Based on my own experience and correspondence with the developer early in the life of the software. He has addressed the issue of coordination between the client and server but I am uncertain if that is absolutely solid. The user also received errors from the server; those are not cached pages. That he saw old pages that should have been deleted does not necessarily mean they are from the local cache; an equally valid interpretation is that they had not yet been deleted from the server. That everything got cleaned up after he cleared the local cache could also be explained by the time that took allowing the server to finish. I cannot predict how long it takes; depends on the size of the website and how busy the server is.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Publish online, website, issues