2 replies to this topic

#1 Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

In RM 6, I was hoping to see in Family Search Central when moving People from NFS to a RM 6 file that it would bring over the persons PID into the RM 6 Ref field. I have the display set to show the FamilySearch ID.

Also if I have Names in RM 6 and these Names are not already in NFS to have the ability to add these names or Family to NFS.

#2 R Steven

R Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

I don't seem to have a problem with this, if I understand what you are trying to do. Maybe I don't understand what you mean by a Ref field. When I copy someone to RM 6 from NFS the person's PID automatically gets associated with them. It displays with the name if I choose that in the display. I checked this by going to Family Search Central and choose to list people in my Roots Magic file who were not already matched in FamilySearch. I selected a person and looked for a match. After I found one, their information was copied along with the PID. I have likewise been able to add people to FamilySearch when the person in that list was not already in FamilySearch and I chose to add them when there wasn't a match. Could you be more explicit about exactly what you were trying to do?

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8413 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

In RM 6, I was hoping to see in Family Search Central when moving People from NFS to a RM 6 file that it would bring over the persons PID into the RM 6 Ref field. I have the display set to show the FamilySearch ID.

We only made one change in RM6's NFS feature - that is the "Show on Family Tree" button. We will not be making any further changes to our NFS feature because it is going away. We are focusing our efforts on the ability to sync with FamilySearch Family Tree, which will be a free update to RM6. I am confirming that your enhancement request is in our tracking system for consideration in Family Tree sync.

Also if I have Names in RM 6 and these Names are not already in NFS to have the ability to add these names or Family to NFS.

You will never be able to add more than one individual to NFS at a time. FamilySearch does not allow this in their API. If you need help in adding a person to NFS see webinar #3. FamilySearch Made Easy with RootsMagic - www.rootsmagic.com/webinars
Renee
RootsMagic