4 replies to this topic

#1 jonmira

jonmira

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

I added a birth fact for an ancestor, John Sessa. It includes his name, date of birth, and place of birth. When I reviewed the narrative for this ancestor, the narrative has all the birth information in the birth sentence. However, there is another sentence following the birth sentence: "John Sessa was born (date unknown)."

I have tried to find where this came from without any success. How do I delete this sentence.

How did this happen?

Appreciate any help.

John

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3972 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

It sounds like the default sentence when there is no Birth fact. It is defined in the report settings under Options. Did you use the built-in Birth fact or is it a custom one? Or do you have two Birth facts for this person, one without any details?
Tom
user of RM7000 FTM2014 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celtiwiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

That default sentence is used only if there are absolutely NO facts.
Any fact, even without any fields filled in, will stop that default sentence.

So, I don't know why it is showing up if there is a filled in birth fact for that person.

Is it possible that you have John Sessa entered into the family twice, once with birth information and once with no facts?
Alfred

#4 jonmira

jonmira

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

I deleted the birth fact for John Sessa and added the same information for a new birth fact. Guess what, this resolved the problem. No more, "John Sessa was born (date unknown)."

Thanks for your inputs.

John

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 4482 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

Go to Lists>Fact Type List and check that you don't have two birth facts. If you do you will want to move everyone for the user created fact to the RM built in birth fact. You would need to do this manually one person at a time.
Renee
RootsMagic