1 reply to this topic

#1 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3492 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Built an evidence-driven tree on Ancestry.com and wanted to get the source images into RM. Importing the Ancestry GEDCOM gives me the URL to each citation page in the Comments field of the RM citation but with some 4300 citations, I couldn't face chasing down each image. So I bought Family Tree Maker 2012 because it apparently downloaded the images and synchronises with the Ancestry Family Tree. Great! It does BUT its GEDCOM export does not include the URL to the citation page. Caught betwixt and between!

Ancestry.com and RootsMagic 5 summarizes the tortuous story of how I was able to bring URLs and images together in one database despite the GEDCOMs producing totally disparate numberings for people, facts, citations, etc. Maybe it will be of some use to another determined soul who will be able to complete in minutes what has taken me days to understand and develop.
Tom user of RM6310 FTM2014 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celtiwiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#2 arbopa

arbopa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

Hmm, I am new to RM6, and have been using ancestry.com to find and update info I already had. Then I learned all the cool images were NOT passed on or downloaded into RM6. I was hoping this thread was going to provide an answer. Bummer. Guess it will be a matter of one or the other to keep up to date.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ancestry.com, Media, Import, Family Tree Maker 2012, GEDCOM, SQLite