• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Anneli111

Anneli111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

would like to see an enhancement to RM, where you can copy a whole Fact from one person to another person (including all the details, i.e. source, notes etc).

If you have the same source for several persons, and don't use Shared facts, it is time consuming to create the fact, then copy the notes, then copy the source etc. This is the case if you have a census source for big families.

It would be so much simpler if the whole fact could be copied after you have created it for one person, and then copy it to other relevant persons.

#2 CanyonHiker17

CanyonHiker17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

I'm not sure if this will help. Go to the person whom you'd like to copy information from and open up the applicable source. Click on the "Memorize" button. Now open the person that you want to transfer the source and details to. Click on the appropriate source box for that person. When the window opens, click on the "Paste" button.

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6435 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

I support your wish and I think Renee will confirm that it has been in the tracking system for quite a while, going back to the days of Family Origins, no doubt!

In the meanwhile, here are some workarounds:

Alfred provided a technique this morning at http://archiver.root...2-11/1352182004
I developed a SQLite method Copy Fact to Group
An earlier thread had a GEDCOM technique: Globally add fact to group

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8700 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic