2 replies to this topic

#1 R Steven

R Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

It would be nice if the date edited information could be more specific and triggered by more types of changes in my file. For example, the date edited seems to only change if I change facts about a person. I don't see a change if I do any of the following:

Add or Unlink a spouse
Add or remove a citation

It seems to only be triggered if I add or change a fact or name.

One way to get the changes log report others have requested would be to be able to have one of more date edited fields which changed any time things like family structures or citations changed as well.

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3444 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

It would be nice if the date edited information could be more specific and triggered by more types of changes in my file. For example, the date edited seems to only change if I change facts about a person. I don't see a change if I do any of the following:

Add or Unlink a spouse
Add or remove a citation

It seems to only be triggered if I add or change a fact or name.

One way to get the changes log report others have requested would be to be able to have one of more date edited fields which changed any time things like family structures or citations changed as well.

My problem with the date edited field is in the other direction. Namely, the date edited can change even if I don't change a fact or name. As an example, edit a general note or a fact note, don't change the fact note, and exit with Ok rather than with Cancel. I find that this problem causes the date edited field to be much less useful than I would prefer that it be.

Jerry

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8336 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic