4 replies to this topic

#1 missylc

missylc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

Hi all,

I was able to use RM4 on my Mac without problem by using Crossover. I've now installed RM5 and when I open my family tree, I'm unable to add facts for individuals. When I get to the Add Fact screen, it freezes when I try to select the type of fact (Military, etc.). I've tried restarting the computer and running these two programs without any others running the background (in case it was a memory issue). I have this problem with multiple people in the database, not just one. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Missy

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8335 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

Go to File>Database Tools and run all the options there. Let us know if you have any errors reported.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 missylc

missylc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

Hi Renee,

I did that and didn't get any errors, but when I tried to Add a Fact, the same problem occured...

Missy

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8335 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

It might be your installation. I honestly can't tell you how to install RM on a Mac with Crossover. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the program. Crossover should give you free support so you might want to contact them to make sure you have it installed correctly.
Renee
RootsMagic

#5 missylc

missylc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Hi Renee, I think I may have found the issue. When I tried to reinstall the software, Windows IE7 didn't install with it. I'm going to contact Crossover about that. Thanks!