• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jonnisue

jonnisue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

It would be so nice if we could copy the PID numbers from RootsMagic so we could quickly and easily search for and find the ancestor we want to bring up. The numbers are there, but those 7 digits are not easy to remember! Thanks!

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

I am not using the Family Search features so I am not sure what a PID number is.

Is the FamilySearch ID number in RM5 and the PID number you are posting about the same number?

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8457 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Yes, Laura they would be the same number. I am confirming we have the ability to copy and paste the PID# from RootsMagic as an enhancement in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic

#4 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

Since the numbers are the same, the FamilySearch ID, the FamilySearch ID can be used in the same ways as the Record number.

The FamilySearch ID i now a choice at Tools, File options, in the Number to display after name menu.

It can be used as a search criteria on the Select people and Find search screen.

It can also be selected as a field on the People's view and for a Custom report.

To create a report the FamilySearch ID can be copied from, create a Custom report for the name and FamilySearch ID.

Or, after choosing the FamilySearch ID in Tools, use the Individual report and uncheck everything under Information to include to just get a report of the name and FamilySearch ID.

For either report, use FamilySearch ID as a search criteria to filter the report. Save either report to a text file and copy the number from the text file.

For people whose FamilySearch ID we would need to copy and paste often, the number could be pasted into a Reference No. fact or a user defined fact in the person's Edit person screen.