2 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Belanger

Jim Belanger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:29 AM

I've been reading about progress with RM5 and use on iPad. I took a small database and created a web site using RM5's web site creator. It works fine in my laptop (Microsoft XP). But, when I put it in my iPad, all I can do is look at each page. The index.htm doesn't work for searching or navigating. I can go on the internet with the iPad and look at web sites, why doesn't the RM5 web design work?
JIM.B.NH

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5593 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

How are you putting the website on the iPad? The iPad operating system iOS does not behave the same way as Windows so it is probable that, even if you were able to transfer the entire website to iPad, the relative path structure was not preserved. If you put the RM website on a http server, then iPad's browsers (Safari, Chrome, et al) will navigate just fine.

Tom user of RM7230 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Jim Belanger

Jim Belanger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

Tom
I put the web site in my "dropbox" and accessed it with my iPad from there. When I put it on the internet as a subdirectory of another web site I manage, it works with the iPad but I have to have access to the internet, which I was trying to avoid. Right now, it works at www.belangers.us/walsh/index.htm
I was trying to get it to work without going on the internet.
JIM.B.NH