Photo

Duplicates in Roots Magic ordinance list: how to remove.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 keitharnold

keitharnold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

How do we remove replication of individuals from the ordinance list?

#2 R Steven

R Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

I'm not sure what you mean. Please clarify if one of the two situations below isn't what you are asking.
  • If you want to delete duplicate ordinances for an individual listed among their facts, you can click on the fact and then click on the Delete fact button.
  • If you are concerned that there are duplicate ordinances for whom sealings to spouse or parents show up when you click on the Family Search tools with LDS view, that isn't something that can be done in Roots Magic. These are records of the multiple sealings which have been performed because of duplicate temple submissions. The good news is that these won'd show up in any of the reports you make in Roots Magic. It only prints the ones you have explicitly copied into Roots Magic. This gives you control to select only the single instance of the ordinances you want to appear in your reports. change.

#3 rodredford

rodredford

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

I have records with multiple sealings. They show up on the pedigree with a green arrow meaning work to be done. The work is done many times. Is there a way to hide them from the list of people ready for ordinances to be done? Once I have checked them I would like to move them off the list.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8335 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

You would need to combine the duplicates of the individuals on NFS to have it no longer show that ordinances need to be done. RootsMagic is only reflecting what FamilySearch is reporting. There is no way to turn that off.
Renee
RootsMagic

#5 rodredford

rodredford

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

Thank you