• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hall_Brad

Hall_Brad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

The program will not open the help information when used on a Windows 7 PC. Is their a way to get this to work or is their a master help file on the internet that I need to copy and save into my hard drive in the Family Tree Organizer program?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 4055 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

I was able to confirm your issue with the Help in Family Reunion Organizer using Windows 7 64-bit. You need to go to the www.microsoft.com website using Internet Explorer and search for WinHlp32.exe. Go through their process to download and install it. Once I installed WinHlp32.exe the FRO Help section was working.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Hall_Brad

Hall_Brad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

I went to Microsoft and downloaded the file, but when I run it it states it is already installed and quits the install program. It would be nice to have been given the option to re-install the file just in case my file was damaged? Now what do I do?

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 4055 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

Check to make sure you don't have any malware or viruses on your computer. Use a program like CCleaner to check if you have registry issues. If those don't work you will need to contact Microsoft since it's an issue with their software.
Renee
RootsMagic