7 replies to this topic

#1 JPCarolus

JPCarolus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

We are making a "family history" hunt this weekend to my husband's parent's birthplace. Will also visit with his aunt, the only still living member of that generation of my husband's family. Would like to visit the cemeteries to check dates and photograph headstones. I would imagine there is a way I could pull a list of relatives buried at specific cemeteries so I know who I'm looking for where, but I can't figure out how to get that far. I figured out how to pull a list of all cemeteries, but not how to narrow it down. A little help with this would be appreciated.
Jennifer

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6263 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

Create a Named Group using these criteria for Mark Group > Select people by data field:
Burial > Place > contains > cemet
OR
Burial > Place details > contains > cemet

Having named and saved this group, it is now available as a filter for various reports, such as the Individual Summary, Individual List or a Custom Report.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2073 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

In addition, be aware that the group membership will be static, so any additions or changes to your database won't automatically be reflected. You'll need to update the group membership by using the same selection criteria before running any reports against it.

#4 JPCarolus

JPCarolus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

I apologize for asking, but I am a novice with RM. How do you create a named group? (Assume I know nothing and you won't be far off!)

#5 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6263 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

Press F1 or click on Help to bring up the context sensitive Help system. Search or browse for Named Groups.

SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8490 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

You can also see the instructions to create a group in this Knowledge Base article.

http://support.roots...-create-a-group
Renee
RootsMagic

#7 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6263 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

Also webinar #20 Search Techniques in RootsMagic...

#8 JPCarolus

JPCarolus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

Thank you! I will look into all of these!