#1 weebleman

weebleman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

Hi,
As per the topic title, I have several hundred media files some of which are attached to two (or three) RM5 databases. I'd like to print out a list of file names /captions so that I can see which files are duplicated. Is this possible? Or is there a way of extracting this information from the underlying database at a lower level?
Thanks....

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6444 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

• Lists > Media Gallery > select List mode and choose Sorted: File Name | Caption and inspect. No printout. Good for one database at a time.
  • Reports > Lists > Multimedia List produces list of Where Used (alpha sort) and File Name (full path) which can be printed. Save as TXT file and import into Excel for further processing.
  • Outside RM, use an SQLite query or the one bundled into the RMtrix app. See links in my signature. You can copy results into Excel... If you work directly with SQLite, you could attach all three databases and do a composite query combining all three into one result set.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 weebleman

weebleman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:22 AM

Thanks Tom. I haven't used RM5 for a long time and getting back into it, and understanding what I'd done in the past, is a bit of a challenge in parts, but your method 2 above worked a treat. I've taken a quick look at your wiki site and it also looks very useful for me in the near future. So thanks again!