• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wheelie1

Wheelie1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

This is unusual, but I have a situation where a man A was married to woman B and had a number of children. However, he also had illegal relationships with his daughter C, and as a result there was a child D. The daughter C later married another man E and had more children.

I put the original man A marrying a woman B and listed their children, including daughter C, then I added a child D to the daughter with the girl's father A as the father of the child. When I look at it in various views I get multiple entries of the two parties. For example, in the Pedigree view it repeats the family line (going back several generations) of the father A, once as father to daughter C and again as father to child D. In a wall chart it repeats all parties twice in different spots.

I would have thought that such a relationship would be shown by a dotted line or similar, without repeating the whole line of the father twice.

Is this outside the scope of the program or is there another way to enter all this?

BTW he got 12 years penal servitude for his crime!

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

It does the same thing when cousins marry.
The descendants are all shown under each parent in both the Descendant listing on the main screen and the wall chart.

The ancestors of one of the offspring show multiple times on the main screen but at least the pedigree chart doesn't repeat continuation pages for identical people.
The narrative is better at listing lines only once.
Alfred

#3 Wheelie1

Wheelie1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:37 AM

Thanks Alfred. I thought it might have been something I was doing wrong, but apparently not.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: relationships