• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#41 Jay H

Jay H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Now that FSFT was released to everyone this Tuesday, March 5, is there any word about the full API? I'm sure everyone is eager to sync RM6 up with the new FSFT.

#42 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3437 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Now that FSFT was released to everyone this Tuesday, March 5, is there any word about the full API? I'm sure everyone is eager to sync RM6 up with the new FSFT.

https://familysearch...earchorg-users/

"Michael Booth says:

March 6, 2013 at 8:52 am

We (RootsMagic) are currently hard at work testing and finishing our integration with FamilySearch Family Tree.

While the web-site has now been officially released and open to the public, the API that we use to work with the system is still being tested and tweaked by FamilySearch engineers.

We hope to have an announcement soon."

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#43 olive

olive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

I hope soon isn't in months or years. I replied to the blog on familysearch when they announced that Family Tree was live. I've said before that I'm a family history consultant & the ward members keep asking me sync questions. I hate telling them that RM isn't synced with FT yet probably as much as they hate hearing it. They keep asking me when & I have to tell them I don't know. I did have one ward member on Sunday say she LOVED RM6.
I did notice a difference in the Family Search Central of a button in the share menu saying to view on NFS & a separate one to view on FT. When RM is synced with FT how will those of us who have the program find out?

#44 bookwalk

bookwalk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

I am a FHC director and our FHC has several of the major Genealogy Programs that are listed as Third-Party Affiliates for new FamilySearch. We always emphasize sources in our classes and now with this going public, we are at a loss as to how to transition anyone to using Family Tree without having to reenter hundreds and in some cases, thousands of sources they have on their desktop database from any of the 3 or 4 major software makers.

We realize you all are dependeng on the FS API being developed, but maybe you can pass along, from your perspective, how great an impact this is having on current and prospective users of Family Tree and your or any affiliate software.

We are having a regional workshop in April and I am giving a presentation on Famly Tree and also on comparing 3 major genealogy programs--for the entire community--how to treat sources--most are veteran genealogists and have a large database with lots of sources and can't start from scratch on the Source Box.

Thanks, Pat

#45 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8287 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

This thread is now closed. Status announcements of RootsMagic ability to sync with NFS or FamilySearch Family Tree will be posted on the following forum thread - http://forums.rootsm...ch-family-tree/
Renee
RootsMagic