• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JRE60

JRE60

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

I have found listing the descendants of one person (such as my grandfather) a useful tool. The list helps me track the still living for purposes such as reunions etc. I would like to be able to print the list of descendants just as it appears on the screen with each generation indented below the parents, spouses added in. The birth and death dates and places are on this screen. I have checked through all the options for a custom report and have not been able to figure it out. If I could just print the screen, I would have what I want. Anyone have a suggestion?

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3493 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:18 AM

You might try

Reports->Charts->Box Charts->Descendants

with -either- Box style set to None -or- Format set to Single line with birth and death date (no boxes)

to see if that gets close enough to what you desire

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#3 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:07 AM

Or, Reports, Lists, Descendants list.

Or, for tracking, you can do a search on the Select People screen for Groups or reports to mark the descendants of the person and unmark those who are dead. Living and Dead are selecting people by whether the living tag is marked on the Edit person screen.

Mark the ancestor
Click on Mark
Choose Descendants
Click on Unmark
Choose Dead

You can create a Group and use the Group on various reports or choose the Group on the People main view to just show that Group of people on that view.

You could use this search for Reports, Address list to get a list of the addresses you have for those living descendants or to print Reports, Address labels.

You can use the Group or search on the Individual list report to get a list of the living descendants names. Or you could create a Custom report.