2 replies to this topic

#1 jbennette

jbennette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

I want to export a RM database I created from a much larger one and put it onto a USB drive with RM Essentials for distribution to family. My problem is that I want to include the multimedia files for this new database only (which points to about a 10th of the multimedia of the full database). I want to extract ONLY those multimedia included in the new database rather than the entire multimedia collection.

Any ideas how I might do that? (other than printing out an 11 page report of multimedia links for the new database and going through and copying just those files to a new location and then re-linking them to the new database).

Thanks for any help,
Greg

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

While in the new reduced database, go to the Tools menu and create a shareable CD of that data, Do not burn it to a CD, but find the Sharable CD file folder and copy it's contents, along with the pictures folder and it's contents, to the USB flash drive.
(Mine is created in a folder, RMSharableCD#2 located in the same folder as my database)

They will get the Essentials version of RootsMagic, the database and all the pictures associated with the smaller database.
Alfred

#3 jbennette

jbennette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

Sweet. I figured it would be easy. Somehow I thought in my mind that "Create a Shareable CD" meant "Create and burn a CD" (or .iso file) rather than "Create Shareable Media". Thanks for the tip.