2 replies to this topic

#1 Glenn

Glenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

Wish the Merge Duplicate Records window included the record numbers for each of the two individuals. Or did I miss a step? :blink:
I just noticed that when I start the search (Tools > Merge > Duplicate Search Merge), there are several boxes checked in what I would call a default window.

If I click the Search for . . . button, the next screen is blank with the primary-duplicate combo. Also, if I try to use the switch button, I get a long winded “loading. . .” note in both panels. I didn't wait to see how long it would take before the loading note disappeared; but using the close button did the trick.

After trying this for a few days, it dawned on me that the blank combo was telling me no duplicates were found.

If that is the case, then I would wish for a statement to the effect that no duplicates were found.

Glenn

Good real estate may be based on location, location, location;
but
good sources are based on citation, citation, citation!

Glenn

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

I see the record number right after the name whether I have the record number display turned on or off.

It even lists the record numbers of the spouse, children and parents.

BUT, if there are no duplicates to list, I don't suppose there would be any record numbers either.
Alfred

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8578 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic