3 replies to this topic

#1 Elynn

Elynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

I recently started using the correspondence list in RM instead of a paper list. Today, after I received the response to my correspondence, I opened up the correspondence expecting there to be a 'results/response' type field, and didn't see one. I included the response in with the 'Details' section, but I really think that there should be a 'Results/response' section with a date for that. I have that on my paper list - seems like an important thing to me to record the results of the correspondence. It IS part of the TO DO list task, but not in the Correspondence List task

Does anyone know if this is someone that is added into RM5? I haven't upgraded yet - but if it is not there, I would like to request an enhancement for that.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8332 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

No changes were made to the correspondence list in RM5. Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.

The way the correspondence list works now, just records one side of the correspondence. That is why there is a sent or received option. For the reply back you would open another correspondence item. You can either note in the title it is the reply to another item or title them the same and when you go through them you will see one is a "sent" item and the other a "received" item.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Elynn

Elynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

Thank you Renee

#4 Elynn

Elynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

No changes were made to the correspondence list in RM5. Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.

The way the correspondence list works now, just records one side of the correspondence. That is why there is a sent or received option. For the reply back you would open another correspondence item. You can either note in the title it is the reply to another item or title them the same and when you go through them you will see one is a "sent" item and the other a "received" item.

I see what you have pointed out. Thank you for adding it as an enhancement. If you make 1 a send and 1 a receive there is no way to tie them together. Having the ability to have the send and receive within the same correspondence would tie it together and makes more sense. Thanks again.