3 replies to this topic

#1 PeggyF

PeggyF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

I am trying to create a wall chart that will include about 300 people in 6 generations. I am using RM version 5.0.4.1. I started this file with a GEDCOM sent by a cousin, but I have edited most of the individuals in the file.

When I create a descendants wall chart, there are errors in the sixth generation showing a large number of individuals as siblings when they are cousins.

When I create a smaller chart for just this family line (three generations), the children are correctly associated with their parents and siblings.

What is happening? Is it because of a spacing constraint? Is there an easy way to fix it or do I have to edit each individual family in the chart?

Thanks.

Peggy Mosinger Freedman
Peggy Mosinger Freedman

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6038 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

Do a Kinship report and see if it also makes the same mistake. And pick any pair of incorrectly related 'siblings' from the wall chart and run the relationship chart; does it reflect a wrong relationship? Also, pick these persons in the main view and look at the number of parents listed at the top left; or in the Edit Person screen, the list of parents; if more than one set, check for incorrect linkages and delete.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 PeggyF

PeggyF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

Thank you for your response.

I didn't check all the reports, but I ran a wall chart for just this part of the family, and it worked correctly. The list of parents was also correct.

I used the Layout -> Canvas Size tool in the chart program to make more blank space, then I manually moved the families apart. They were not actually connected, the lines ran together on the screen. Since I will be paying to print this chart by the foot, I decided to spend the money on extra inches so that I wouldn't have to spend money on printing the chart twice.

Is there a way to set the minimum space between people in a wall chart? This family is uneven - and the families that overlapped were third cousins, so it was difficult to read.
Peggy Mosinger Freedman

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8178 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

In the Wall Chart Report Settings click on the "Boxes" button. The Box Format window will appear, on the right side are the settings for "Box Spacing".
Renee
RootsMagic