• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 scuba1806

scuba1806

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

Any recommendations as to a suitable Application for the Samsung 7.7 Tablet compatible with Roots Magic running on Windows 7 would be most appreciated.

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3387 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

I don't know anything about the Samsung 7.7 Tablet, but any gedcom viewer will work to read gedcoms made by RM.

However, a gedcom viewer is not likely to show RM's special features like shared facts, etc. The fact will be shown for the Principal, but not for the Sharee. I uncheck that box when creating gedcoms to be imported into a gedcom viewer so the gedcom size is not increased.

Some gedcom viewer programs allow attaching photos taken by the device and emailing notes to your email.

If you can download programs from Google play, you might check out Family Bee. I have it on my android smartphone and as a third party app on my Kindle fire. There is a free trial version so you can try it out before you buy.

RootsMagic has said that apps are being or will be developed. I think Renee said iphone and ipad apps will come first before an android app.
Laura

The following was overheard at a recent high society party...
"My ancestry goes all the way back to Alexander the Great," said one lady. She then turned to a second woman and asked, "How far does your family go back?"
"I don't know," was the reply. "All of our records were lost in the flood."
-on various web sites-

#3 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3387 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

GedStar Pro for android might also be a possibility. You buy the program for the computor and convert the gedcom to their format on the computer. The android gedcom viewer app is free.
Laura

The following was overheard at a recent high society party...
"My ancestry goes all the way back to Alexander the Great," said one lady. She then turned to a second woman and asked, "How far does your family go back?"
"I don't know," was the reply. "All of our records were lost in the flood."
-on various web sites-

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Geneology, Ancestry, Android Application