1 reply to this topic

#1 BonSam

BonSam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

I am currently running RM5 on Parallels on my MACbook Lion system. Works, but not as if on Windows PC platform. I would like to know if using Bootcamp would be better, that is more like working on a PC Windows7 ? At present, I am not able to go to the web while working in RM, working with files in Windows is cumbersome and so forth--it's like having just half the capabilities.

I am willing to actually buy a small Dell or HP or? laptop if I have to just to run RM5 efficiently,....but would rather not spend the bucks if I don't have to!

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3458 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:45 AM

http://forums.rootsm...mac/#entry49537
"OK so I have a tutorial on how to install RootsMagic on the Mac with screenshots without installing Windows! This solution uses Wine, and it is available for free. I ran it on my 4th Generation MacBook with no issues, and have also created a tutorial for Ubuntu. I am a CS Major at BYU and have it as part of a my webpage I am building for internet programming:"

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N