• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Krmckellep

Krmckellep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

Can you tell me how to copy information into my notes from a document I have scanned.
Thanks

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

Usually when you scan something it is as if you were taking a picture of it.
So you can save it as a photo image in JPG or something and link it as a media file.

OR, you can use a character Optical Character Recognization (OCR) program to convert the picture to text and copy that text into a note or somewhere.

The better OCR programs are rather expensive, so for a page here and a paragraph there, you might as well just type it out yourself.
Alfred

#3 Krmckellep

Krmckellep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

Alfred....thank you. So, if I want the scanned into to go into my notes rather than media, I'm assuming I can copy and paste it. I have been away from this program for a long time so I have to be retrained. Thanks again

#4 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

You can copy and paste from the text document you generate by running the picture of text which you scanned through your OCR program.

You can not copy and paste directly text from the picture of text that you just scanned.

The OCR program looks at the picture and translates the picture into text characters or letters and words as best it can.

Some scanners may come bundled with a basic OCR program.

You can do a Google search for "OCR" to learn more and find some programs.
Alfred

#5 Krmckellep

Krmckellep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

Got it. Thanks. No OCR here, but will work around it.
Kathy