• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Anneli111

Anneli111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:15 AM

When I create a shared fact, I have the following problem with the Narrative reports.

CASE 1.

1. Select LIST, FACT TYPE LIST in main window

2. Select DEATH fact, and add a ROLE e.g. "Wife dies"

3. Create the following fact sentence for the witness: When his wife [person:Given] was [Person:Age:plain] year old she died< [Desc]> in [Date:Year]

4. SELECT the wife and for the DEATH fact share it with the Husband as ROLE "Wife dies" created before.

5. Open the husband in Edit Person screen. Select the shared fact, and in the bottom blue rigth corner of window for Sentence (where you can customize the senetence) for the fact is will show (note that the age of primary person (wife) is shown) "When his wife Brita was 48 year old she died of old age in 1825".

6. Print a narrative report.
In the narrative report it will print (Note: age of primary person (wife) is not shown) "When his wife Brita was year old she died of old age in 1825".

Why does it not work in the narrative report?
================================================================================
CASE 2.

1. Select LIST, FACT TYPE LIST in main window

2. Select DEATH fact, and add a ROLE e.g. "Wife dies"

3. Create the following fact sentence for the witness: When [ThisPerson] was [ThisPerson:Age:plain] year old his wife [person:Given] died< [Desc]> in [Date:Year]. She was [person:age] years old.

4. SELECT the wife and for the DEATH fact share it with the Husband as ROLE "Wife dies" created before.

5. Open the husband in Edit Person screen. Select the shared fact, and in the bottom blue rigth corner of window for Sentence (where you can customize the senetence) for the fact is will show (note that age of primary person (wife) shown, age of witness (husband) is not shown) "When he was year old his wife Brita died of old age in 1825. She was 48 years old. "

6. Print a narrative report. In the narrative report it will print (note that age of primary person (wife) is not shown, age of witness (husband)is shown) "When he was 32 year old his wife Brita died of old age in 1825. She was years old".

There seem to be other similar problems with the reports for the shared events and the witness roles in what they print and what is shown in the Edit person veiw.

Is this a bug or have I misunderstood the function of the shared facts somehow?

/ Regards Anneli
The Sw version I have is 5.0.3.0 (27 Mar 2012).

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8700 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

Confirming issue is noted in our tracking system for resolution.
Renee
RootsMagic