Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:55 PM
I have written up an Excel workbook to enable bulk linking of unattached Media items into a Gedcom file for further processing in Rootsmagic. I wrote it to serve my own needs which it is doing very well so if any other user wants a free copy please contact me with your email address. Quick summary of what it does is below, a few users have tried it without problems.
- User prints MultiMedia report from RM
- User selects Media folder they wish to reconcile.
- User selects Multimedia report.
- Excel compares both and reports anomalies (unlinked)
- User further edits list to remove any unwanted ADDS
- Click "Create Gedcom" and workbook creates new gedcom file, one individual and all unlinked media tagged to that indi.
You will, of course need Excel to run this, itís in 2007 but should run on earlier versions.
"It is always wise to look ahead, but difficult to look further than you can see" - Winston Churchill
Current user of Rootsmagic version 184.108.40.206, Family Tree Maker 2014 and Legacy 8.0 on Win 7