5 replies to this topic

#1 A Descendant

A Descendant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

In the Reports lists there is a report called "Statistics list" wherein can be found all sorts of information about ages at marriage and death, and number of marriages and children etc.

What i'm wondering is if there is some way to find where the statistics come from. For example the report for my file says the maximum number of marriages for a person in my database is 5. I didn't know i had anybody with that many marriages so i'm wondering if there's some way to easily find this person in my file?

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

You can do a "Reports" - "Lists" - "Fact" List of the "Marriage" fact and "people with more than one of this fact type".

Then scroll down the list to see who has a large space between their name and the following name.
Alfred

#3 A Descendant

A Descendant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

You can do a "Reports" - "Lists" - "Fact" List of the "Marriage" fact and "people with more than one of this fact type".

Then scroll down the list to see who has a large space between their name and the following name.

Suppose there isn't a marriage fact for the couple? I ask that because running the above report shows no one with more than 2 marriages, so I'm guessing this person has spouses without actual marriage facts. Its not vital to figure this out but i am curious.

I figured it out. I did a couples report showing couples without a marriage event and scrolled down til I saw the same name several times.

#4 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3369 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

In the Reports lists there is a report called "Statistics list" wherein can be found all sorts of information about ages at marriage and death, and number of marriages and children etc.

What i'm wondering is if there is some way to find where the statistics come from. For example the report for my file says the maximum number of marriages for a person in my database is 5. I didn't know i had anybody with that many marriages so i'm wondering if there's some way to easily find this person in my file?

There are long term and unfulfilled Wish List items to be able to search on lots of additional pieces of data, including number of spouses and number of children. Absent that enhancement, the technique described above in this thread is really the only possibility from within RM5 itself.

Jerry

#5 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2055 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

Running a report and importing the data to Excel might be a third-party option if you felt comfortable with doing something along these lines in the future. You'd want to create a pivot table on the data and summarize by count of records at the individual level.

#6 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6131 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

The SQLite Multiple Spouses Query answers one of these questions. Other custom queries can answer the rest. The former is included in the RMtrix bundle of utilities.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.