2 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Belanger

Jim Belanger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

As some of our databases get larger, we encounter many indentical names but different people. We really need (and this is not the first time asking) a way to search for a Mary Smith married to a John Sullivan, for example. I know about the family search using Ctl-Shift-F but this is not what I'm asking for. In the search options, given name equals or contains and surname equals or contains; then an option for Spouse given name and surname would be a HUGE improvement.
JIM.B.NH

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7851 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.

You could also use Search>Person List>NameFind and enter Mary Sullivan to find her.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3374 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.

You could also use Search>Person List>NameFind and enter Mary Sullivan to find her.

NameFind could actually be expanded (improved) to also work in reverse of the "presumed" finding a female by her spouse's surname. Instead, including ALL spousal surnames would allow reversed searches where you know a John was married to Mary Smith, but can't remember his surname [ie. search up /John/ /Smith/(s)]. The field is currently Surname (birth or married), maybe program that to (Surname (birth or married or spousal),

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N