3 replies to this topic

#1 Elynn

Elynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

Because of the PITA that it is to go to a new computer, I have delayed for as long as possible, but now I am biting the bullet. I have a new PC. I know that when I reinstall RM4, I need my registration id. When I reinstall RM4 itself, I should be fine, but what about TOGO? I have to re-install on my HD, but what about to my flash drive - do I need to reinstall there? If, so is there anything special I need to look out for?

I think I know where my registration number is, but just in case I can't find it where do I go to find it?

TY

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8335 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

You can go to http://www.rootsmagic.com/Recover-Key/ to request your license keys to be sent to you. (New feature) You will need to use the email address you registered it under. If you have changed email addresses then you need to write support@rootsmagic.com for Caitlin to look it up for you.

If you already have the same version of RM To-Go on your computer and flash drive then you will not need to reinstall.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

Be sure to update RM4 on the new computer first, if needed, before starting RootsMagic To Go in the new computer.

Then, RootsMagic To Go will tell you if you need to reinstall RM4 on the jump drive.

If you change the folders the databases are saved to on the new hard drive, you would need to check where RootsMagic To Go is looking for the databases on the hard drive and change that path if needed.

#4 Elynn

Elynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

Thanks all for the information.