• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ConnieS

ConnieS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

Perhaps I missed it when I searched the board, but I'm surprised not to see this request:

The Family Group Sheet does not provide as the default (or an option) for numbering of the children. The space that is usually used in traditional Family Group Sheets for this purpose is blank. When one is dealing with families of 10+ children, as I often do, it is helpful (bordering on necessary) to have the list numbered.

#2 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

Perhaps I missed it when I searched the board, but I'm surprised not to see this request:

The Family Group Sheet does not provide as the default (or an option) for numbering of the children. The space that is usually used in traditional Family Group Sheets for this purpose is blank. When one is dealing with families of 10+ children, as I often do, it is helpful (bordering on necessary) to have the list numbered.

I never leave the FGS copy in RM if I am using it as a Research Tool.

I transfer it to a .rtf file and then add numbers in the word processing software. Also, when I print those FGS's directly from RM, there is too wasted white space on each sheet, and I make sure that any page mostly white gets changed to have two sections or more on it. I hate wasting paper. :)

I still like the 2 sided FGS, guess I'm getting old, and will work with a 4 page FGS. I do the same for Indivual Summaries also. :)

I also did not realize that the numbers were missing. I remember the numbers being in FO and RM3.

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0 

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8526 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic

#4 abartleson

abartleson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

Renee,

Another grat feature would be the cabability of having the FGS's interactive. By that I mean if I send a sheet out, and someone returns it with additions, I can import those to my database - without having to manually input the data.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8526 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic

#6 Glenn

Glenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

Also, when I print those FGS's directly from RM, there is too wasted white space on each sheet, and I make sure that any page mostly white gets changed to have two sections or more on it. I hate wasting paper. :)

Good for you! :) :) I hope the rest of us know how to save the trees. :) Sometimes I forget about Mother Earth and get a little sloppy with our finite resources. :(

Glenn

Good real estate may be based on location, location, location;
but
good sources are based on citation, citation, citation!

Glenn