All in One Chart

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Sara_*

Guest_Sara_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2004 - 11:55 PM

I would like to have available a option for a All in One Chart, which would include all of the individuals entered in a particular database. Currently the closest chart available to this is a hourglass chart which in the ancestor portion only includes direct ancestors, not charting siblings and their familes.

#2 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2068 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 09:40 AM

This request is a very important one for me, as well.

#3 Guest_Jackie_*

Guest_Jackie_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2005 - 08:54 AM

I have just moved from Family Tree maker to Rootsmagic and really miss the all in one facilty.

I would also like the ability to include siblings on the other charts. I know that you can add individuals as you wish but this can take a long time and is fiddly.

There are many features of RM that I like (eg being able to open two databases at the same time) but on balance I have decided to keep my master data in FTM until such time as these features become available.

Once you have experienced an all in one tree you really miss not having one.

#4 Guest_Andy James_*

Guest_Andy James_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2005 - 05:24 AM

The following enhancements to Wall Charts would be AMAZING:
Options to include siblings to Descendants and Ancestors
Add a fourth All-in-one chart (whole database)
Colour coding: by sex (as in timeline)
Colour coding: by flag/event
Colour code link lines: e.g. marriage = dotted red, parent = 1pt green etc.

Alfred, using RootsMagic is a pleasure, as it such a stable program, unlike many other genealogy programs. These charting enhancements would consign the other programs to the dustbin.

#5 T Woodger

T Woodger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE(Romer @ Nov 9 2004, 03:40 PM) View Post

This request is a very important one for me, as well.

The only thing I want is an all in on chart to then I would be biggrin.gif [size=2]

#6 graeme.b

graeme.b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE(Sara @ Nov 8 2004, 10:55 PM) View Post

I would like to have available a option for a All in One Chart, which would include all of the individuals entered in a particular database. Currently the closest chart available to this is a hourglass chart which in the ancestor portion only includes direct ancestors, not charting siblings and their familes.

Me too. This would help to pick up unrequired and duplicate records. I seem to have a lot of phoney duplicate spouses.