• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 paulw743

paulw743

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

I'm currently using version 4.1.2.1 of RootsMagic and having a problem with running the Reports > Charts > Wall Charts > Descendant Charts.

When viewing the resultant report on the screen, I get a small screen displayed with all the boxes being shown. If I print this out on an A4 printer, the boxes are all in the corner of the screen.

Is there a way of centralising the report on the page so it looks better.

Thanks,

Paulw743

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8471 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

I am wondering if you have the chart designed really small. When creating the wall chart in Report Settings click on the "Boxes" button and tell me what size you have them set at.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

When viewing the resultant report on the screen, I get a small screen displayed with all the boxes being shown. If I print this out on an A4 printer, the boxes are all in the corner of the screen.

Is there a way of centralising the report on the page so it looks better.

Thanks,Paulw743

When viewing the chart in the RootsMagic Chart program you can increase or decrease the view size by clicking the magnifying glass icon and using the left or right mouse buttons.
You can also view how it will print on paper pages by going to the View menu and Show Page Bounds.

You can move or re-size individual or groups of boxes by selecting the arrow or "select" tool and clicking or drawing an outline around a group.

There have been several comments about boxes being split over page boundaries. By showing the page bounds, you can move things off them. You may have to use the Layout menu and increase the "Canvas size" to make room for everything though.
Alfred

#4 paulw743

paulw743

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

Hi Alfred,

Many thanks for your assistance with this. It was a simple case of amending the Layout > Canvas Size to have the correct settings for A4.

This now gives me sufficient space to increase the size of the boxes and to move them around/centralise them on the page.

Paulw743