#21 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

Laura,

This shared census that you created as an individual fact type....
Does it allow you to then share the notes with all the sharee(s)? And if so, then would it print on all of their ind. repprt under the notes? It sounds interesting.

-Donna

It works like any other shared fact.

Whatever note you put in the Sharee's note on the Edit shared event screen is what prints for that Sharee's note for that fact in the Narrative report.

If you want the note to be the same as the fact note that prints for the Principal person, you copy and paste the fact note into each Sharee's note.

It is actually pretty quick and easy if you want the Sharee to have the same note.

Copy the fact note. As you are linking the Sharee's, paste the note into the Edit shared event screen Note box before clicking OK.

Personally, I don't see much point for me to share facts if I am just going to put the same note into all the Sharree's notes.

I may as well link the fact individually and have everyone linked to that fact show up in reports and searches instead of just the principal.

I can customize the non-shared fact sentence to do about the same as the shared fact roles.

There isn't really much work difference in sharing facts or linking facts individually.

Then all person's linked to the fact are shown in reports and searches, not just the Principal.

#22 A Descendant

A Descendant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

Thanks for the very detailed reply Laura. So much to think about, and so many different ways to do things! Its given me plenty of options to think over.