5 replies to this topic

#1 Fred B

Fred B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:44 AM

Does anyone know how I can create/QUERY a report that will generate a list of all images that have BROKEN LINKS.
I had to rename some folders and now people may have missing images and this is scattered across the data.
I would like to see the PERSON and ID, as well as the broken image name/location assigned.
Thank you for any help you can give.

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:29 AM

Go to Reports, List, Multimedia list. Broken links will be shown as NOT FOUND.

Save to a text file and search the text file in a word processor for NOT FOUND.

#3 Fred B

Fred B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

Thanks Laura...

For my database, that report is 56 pages long.

I guess I am looking for help in reducing or limiting (a Custom Report?) so only "NOT FOUND" multimedia items are included, without the need to exit the program.

Again, thank you for your comments.

#4 Kim W

Kim W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

Thank you for the question and answer. I ran the report, got 46 pages went through it in a manner of minutes (without making a text file) and found 14 Not Found's. I will get right on fixing them. Kim

#5 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6444 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

I guess I am looking for help in reducing or limiting (a Custom Report?) so only "NOT FOUND" multimedia items are included, without the need to exit the program..

there is an already developed SQLite query that you can have open at the same time as RM. It's also bundled in the RMtrix app. In either case, you can sort on the Broken column to cluster broken links together.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#6 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3551 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

Thank you for the question and answer. I ran the report, got 46 pages went through it in a manner of minutes (without making a text file) and found 14 Not Found's. I will get right on fixing them. Kim

Bottom line is another need has been identified and hopefully will be addressed, making and editing text files is a bit old school.

Personally I believe managing large media libraries needs programmed help within RM. Being able to report the broken or unlinked media and then providing a programmed loop to resolving this discrepancy is most desirable even though most users may not realise it yet.

Take a look at this user written utility to help open your mind to what is easily possible.

Keeping ones customers and their important views at a distance is never a good approach

User of Family Historian 7.0, Rootsmagic 7.6.3

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root