2 replies to this topic

#1 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

When you are using a Group and unmarking the people in the Group for which you have made changes, you can use the Date last edited as a search criteria to unmark those people.

Edit Group

Unmark group:
Last date edit contains [today's date]

Or use a date range:
Last date edit is after 29 Feb 2012
AND Last date edit is before 23 Mar 2012

The current version of RM5 does not change the last edit date if you open and close an Edit person screen without making changes or if you cancel out of screens without resaving them. It is changing the last edit date when the record needs to be resaved to the hard drive.

So if you don't actually want to make changes to the Edit person screen, but do want the last date edited date to change, you can open a note and save it without actually making a change.

#2 c24m48

c24m48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2613 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

The current version of RM5 does not change the last edit date if you open and close an Edit person screen without making changes or if you cancel out of screens without resaving them. It is changing the last edit date when the record needs to be resaved to the hard drive.

The current version still changes the last edit date if you open a note and exit the note editor with "save note", even if you didn't change the note. The method that's normally recommended to solve this problem is to exit the note editor with "cancel" if you didn't change anything. But that puts the onus entirely on me.

I've tried the strategy of exiting the note editor with "save note" when I have changed something and exiting the note editor with "cancel" when I haven't changed anything. But inevitably I mess up and exit with "cancel" when I actually have changed something and thereby I lose my change. So I have adopted the strategy of always exiting the note editor with "save note" as the lessor of two evils, even knowing that my lessor of two evils strategy will end up changing the last edit date for individuals for whom I haven't made any changes.

Jerry

#3 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:56 AM

It wouldn't matter in this case as you would probably want anyone you didn't need to change unmarked from the Group anyway.

However, if you wanted to come back to that person later, you would need to bookmark them or color code them because saving instead of canceling will remove them from the Group when you unmarked the Group with the Date last edited criteria.