• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 thepriz

thepriz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 11:54 AM

If RootsMagic is going to be released in the next few of months, It would be nice to see some information on this upcomming release of RootsMagic. I would like to get an idea of what improvements are going to be in the next release and what user requests are going to be addressed in the next release. It is always good to advertise before the product is released.

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 12:29 PM

I don't think that he dares to tell anyone what he is working on until it is released or some of the larger companies would get wind of it, decide that it may be a good idea, put their staff of programmers on it and get it released before Bruce could.

Now, that is just my guess. Nothing official about it. But, Bruce has always been quite tight lipped about what is coming in the next version. ((Except, this time, he promised us some sort of box charts in version two, even before he released version one.))
Alfred

#3 thepriz

thepriz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 12:12 PM

Thank You, This is a great explaination of why not to release information before RM is released. I didn't think about this. Knowing that RootsMagic is a small company it would be hard to stay on top if you compeditors where faster than you, but With all the software that I have looked at and evaluated over the years none of them even come close to RM. It would be nice to get an rough date on when RM will be released so I can make plans to save money for it.

Thanks,
Dennis Przybyla

#4 RootsMagician

RootsMagician

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (thepriz @ Apr 29 2004, 11:12 AM)
It would be nice to get an rough date on when RM will be released so I can make plans to save money for it.

I would start saving pretty soon. wink.gif
RootsMagician

#5 jjmick

jjmick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 03:24 PM

Thanks for the hint, Bruce. This is as close as we'll probably get to a pre- announced release date <bg>. Are you taking advanced orders <vbg>?

#6 Guest_Bob Bance_*

Guest_Bob Bance_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2004 - 01:41 AM

Maybe one should ask : Will RM 2.0 be an upgrade, or will the changes be so dramatic to qualify it ohmy.gif as a new , purchasable version. ohmy.gif . If I recall well, May/early June was the announced release date. Do we get our usual e-mailed notifications ?

#7 jjmick

jjmick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 07:57 AM

Version 2 notification came a lot quicker than anticipated. Order alrteady placed. Thanks Bruce. Now I can't (don't want to) wait until I get it.

#8 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 12:23 PM

I agree! The new version did come quite a bit more quickly than anticipated, for which I'm very grateful. To be honest, I was expecting July.

Order was made early this morning. On the surface, it looks like a number of very worthwhile enhancements have been made. It'll be difficult to wait out the release date.

Thanks very much -- really looking forward to version 2.0!

#9 donlance

donlance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 03:40 PM

Yes, I am also looking forward to version 2.0! Order placed.

I looked over the updated feature list, and it looks great. Definitely some very useful new functionality.

One thing I didn't notice -- is there a list anywhere of "little extras" that made it into version 2.0? I know the v2.0 announcement contains the "big" items of major use to a lot of people. What about "little" items -- say, like being able to note a child as a stepchild to appear in the family printouts?

#10 Guest_Guest_Bob Bance_*

Guest_Guest_Bob Bance_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2004 - 10:51 AM

Maybe one should ask : Will RM 2.0 be an upgrade, or will the changes be so dramatic to qualify it as a new , purchasable version. . If I recall well, May/early June was the announced release date. Do we get our usual e-mailed notifications ?

#11 diamondk

diamondk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 11:19 AM

You can purchase an upgrade or a new program.