• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shirley Lotz

Shirley Lotz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

What source template do I use for a Passport application. It is filmed in Nara records which include local affadavits certifying birth.

#2 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1655 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:53 AM

What source template do I use for a Passport application. It is filmed in Nara records which include local affadavits certifying birth.

EE says it is a descriptive phamplet which is microfilmed. MY passports are actual books [my Dad's] and I will be using the book [Book Basic format] with out an author or additional source. Have not gotten that far to put them in R5. Because it is a template you can make the title and contents yours.

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0 

#3 Shirley Lotz

Shirley Lotz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:06 PM

I accessed the passport application via Ancestry database in addition to the application, there are two sworn certificates: One from her father certifying her birth date and place and his own birth place. The second is from her mother-in-law certifying her husband's birth date and location and their marriage. .EE normally requires that on line images access be identified as part of the citation. I'll have to think about the templates some more. We just gotten back from a family reunion for a 90th birthday.

Shirley Lotz