#1 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6284 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

I just read about this:

To celebrate our 12th year of MudCreek Software, GENViewer 1 and GENMatcher 1 will be retailing at the excellent price of whatever you want to pay through Feb 23rd 2012. I do urge you to think about how much it is worth to you. Where else could you buy professional-quality software like this for less than 20 dollars?

http://www.mudcreeksoftware.com/

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#2 Ludlow Bay

Ludlow Bay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

I just read about this:
http://www.mudcreeksoftware.com/

You should have read closer, Tom .... this is nothing more than a fire-sale. Those products were both last updated on August 21, 2007 and only work on RM through v. 3. No doubt Mr. Comeau is preparing for the launch of new product versions, but he says nothing about entitled upgrades if/when that happens. So if you pay more than $0.01 and then have to turn around and purchase new versions to work with RM4/5+, you've overpaid.

"Pay whatever you want to pay"? How about zip for nada.

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6284 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

I saw that, Chris, but it reads GEDCOM so it can still be useful to a user of RM 4 or 5. They just have to export the file(s) to be compared.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#4 Glenn

Glenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:47 PM

Rather confused!

I take it that it will read any GEDCOM I create. And I can export any file. So why do I need this extra tool?
Has anyone actually used it? A quick reply would be much appreciated. so I can meet the deadline by the 21st.

Glenn

Good real estate may be based on location, location, location;
but
good sources are based on citation, citation, citation!

Glenn

#5 Ludlow Bay

Ludlow Bay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

Rather confused!

I take it that it will read any GEDCOM I create. And I can export any file. So why do I need this extra tool?
Has anyone actually used it? A quick reply would be much appreciated. so I can meet the deadline by the 21st.

Glenn

What deadline?

#6 Glenn

Glenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

What deadline?

"To celebrate our 12th year of MudCreek Software, GENViewer 1 and GENMatcher 1 will be retailing at the excellent price of whatever you want to pay :) through Feb 23rd 2012 . . ." :(
Direct quote from their promotional.

Glenn

but

Glenn

#7 Ludlow Bay

Ludlow Bay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

"To celebrate our 12th year of MudCreek Software, GENViewer 1 and GENMatcher 1 will be retailing at the excellent price of whatever you want to pay :) through Feb 23rd 2012 . . ." :(
Direct quote from their promotional.

Glenn

Yeah - your original "deadline" of the 21st threw me - since the special offer is through the 23rd.

The product descriptions are fairly detailed on their website - I'd say if, after reading, you can't figure out whether you need these programs .... you probably don't.

#8 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:10 AM

Ludlow, the only one that mentioned a 21st date was you in your post about the last update of the program.

Tom and Glenn both posted quotes from the website which says the 23rd.

#9 Ludlow Bay

Ludlow Bay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:03 AM

Ludlow, the only one that mentioned a 21st date was you in your post about the last update of the program.

Tom and Glenn both posted quotes from the website which says the 23rd.

Laura, you're wrong. I mentioned the 21st in a date that occurred 4 1/2 years ago

Those products were both last updated on August 21, 2007

which obviously would have nothing to do with Glenn's pending "deadline":

so I can meet the deadline by the 21st.

I thought perhaps Glenn had a deadline of his own that might necessitate him needing to use these programs in a hurry. Hence, I asked: "what deadline?"

#10 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3464 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

Laura, you're wrong. I mentioned the 21st in a date that occurred 4 1/2 years ago

which obviously would have nothing to do with Glenn's pending "deadline":

What you say above doesn't make Laura wrong. It is true about your *first* mention of the number 21 (as a date), but Laura was talking about your statement below. You are the only one who mentioned the number 21 *at all* and in your *second* mention (without a 4 1/2 years ago date), you mistakenly ascribe the 21st to Glenn as his deadline.

Yeah - your original "deadline" of the 21st threw me - since the special offer is through the 23rd.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#11 Ludlow Bay

Ludlow Bay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

You are the only one who mentioned the number 21 *at all* and ... you mistakenly ascribe the 21st to Glenn as his deadline.

You are both wrong. Here is Glenn's EXACT COMMENT, in its entirety, which is post #4 in this thread:

Rather confused!

Glenn

Some of you have serious comprehension problems, it would seem. I know what I said ... and didn't say. End of Discussion.

#12 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

Good Grief Charley Brown! Give it a rest.
Glen made a mistake and confused the deadline of the 23 with the date last updated date that Ludolw mentioned in his post.

Even I have made a mistake or two ... Although, I just can't remember any right now.
Alfred

#13 Glenn

Glenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

Boy, did yours truly start a round of confusion! :o Since I don't like to wait till the last minute, I should have been more careful in my choice of words as in:
"...beat their deadline by the 21st."
or
"...meet my self-imposed deadline on the 21st."

Who knows, the merchandise might be so well known by non-RM fans that it is already, :blink:, sold out! :rolleyes:

With sincere apologies,

Glenn

but

Glenn