• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 wquatan

wquatan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:59 AM

Maybe I am overlooking something, but I can't find a way to include some of the Lists into a book. They (ex: the LDS Ordinance List) just aren't there for selection from within the publisher (book).

Same applies to special reports I made.

Because several people are working on the same Tree, I intented to make an Ongoing Work Book, with all kind of dedicated reportings.
Would avoid to have to do this manually every time, to have all of them neatly together with the index at the end.

#2 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1690 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:59 AM

I created my own template, using Book, General [Source witnin a Source]
Using
adt Book, General [Source within a Source]adt
Book, print version, authored / multi-authored, with role (compiler, editor, transcriber, abstrator, translator), edition; monographs, legal works, other published works; N.p. [no place], n.p. [no publisher], n.d. [no date] inserted if field blank

Ref: [EE, QC-12, p 647, with 648, 651, sec. 12.1312.20; EE, QC-13, 727; E!, p 66-71; CYS, p 31-35, 39-45]

This works real well for me. :)

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0 

#3 wquatan

wquatan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:38 AM

I created my own template, using Book, General [Source witnin a Source]
Using
adt Book, General [Source within a Source]adt
Book, print version, authored / multi-authored, with role (compiler, editor, transcriber, abstrator, translator), edition; monographs, legal works, other published works; N.p. [no place], n.p. [no publisher], n.d. [no date] inserted if field blank

Ref: [EE, QC-12, p 647, with 648, 651, sec. 12.1312.20; EE, QC-13, 727; E!, p 66-71; CYS, p 31-35, 39-45]

This works real well for me. :)

I think I understand what you're achieving, but can't find where it should been done.
Could you please elaborate a little more ? And a "real" example ?

Would be great
Thx very much

#4 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1690 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:13 PM

I think I understand what you're achieving, but can't find where it should been done.
Could you please elaborate a little more ? And a "real" example ?

Would be great
Thx very much

Whether RM4 or RM5
Go to Help Menu
Search Box: Source Citations will get a list
Click on Source Templates
Roll down the screen until you come to Copy [ way at the bottom in RM5]

Suggestion you read also in the list Sentence Template Language. Everyone understands instructions different in my book, so best to see if you understand the Language.

Back at the
Lists/Source Templates
Choose the one you want to copy
My choice was Book, [Author's known]

Re name your copy, I choose EE Book, General [Source within a Source]
Looking at the right hand screen you will see a table. In the page number a y is in the Citation column. That Y is for the Source Detail Section. In the copy you can add rows to the table of change any of the rows there to the Source Detail SEction by adding the Y in the Citation Column. [I'm looking at RM4 if RM5 is different, I hope someone else will correct this].

Using the template for Journal Article, serialized, as a model I changed the Book (Author's known) to my way
Fields are:
Author
Role
Title
Sub title
Sup|Author
Sup|Role
Edition
PubPlace
Publisher
PubDate
ChapAuthor Y in Citation
ChapTitle Y in Citation
ChapSubTitle Y in Citation
Page Y in Citation
CreditLine Y in Citation

You can change the footnotes also. Make sure you save this, could mark it as a Favorite to find it again.
Sample of a filled in
Footnote:
Howard Marshall LeMaster Margaret LeMaster, Compilers, LeMasters, U.S.A., 1639-1965, 2nd edition (N.p.: n.p., 1965), p. 50.

Short Footnote:
LeMaster, LeMasters, U.S.A., 1639-1965, LeMaster Margaret, Chapter 2, Kentucky, p. 50, she is daughter of 506.

Bibliography:
LeMaster, Howard Marshall Margaret LeMaster, Compilers. LeMasters, U.S.A., 1639-1965. 2nd edition. N.p.: n.p., 1965.

Source comments:
Great aunt Erlene Pack Carlson, Paton, IA copy and Mother's copy also. both have written notes in them.

I hope this is the answer you wanted.

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0 

#5 wquatan

wquatan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:10 PM

Very interesting, wasn't aware RM is that powerful/flexible.

But ... I think we aren't talking about the same and that above hasn't to do with Lists and Reports.
Maybe I'm wrong ?

As an example what I'm talking about :
- under Reports|Lists there is a "LDS Ordinance List"
- under Reports|Publisher in the active Book via Add|List the "LDS Ordinance List" is not available

- under Reports|CustomReports I created a report "Myreport"
- under Reports|Publisher in the active Book via Add the "Myreport" is not available

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8699 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

I have added the reports you wanted as enhancement requests for the Publisher. The Publisher intended usage is for writing family history books. These reports are not generally in these types of books.
Renee
RootsMagic

#7 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6435 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:36 PM

I agree that Publisher shoul support the inclusion of any report that RM is capable of producing.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#8 R Steven

R Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:42 AM

Maybe I am overlooking something, but I can't find a way to include some of the Lists into a book. They (ex: the LDS Ordinance List) just aren't there for selection from within the publisher (book).

Same applies to special reports I made.

Because several people are working on the same Tree, I intented to make an Ongoing Work Book, with all kind of dedicated reportings.
Would avoid to have to do this manually every time, to have all of them neatly together with the index at the end.

Another related issue is a problem including lists of individual summaries or family group sheets. I can't see a way to include them as a selected list. Rather, they need to be added one at a time. It would be nice to have the same functionality we have in making reports form a list outside of publisher.

#9 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8699 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

Confirming additional requests are in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic