• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 munchie

munchie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

Under versions RM4 & RM5, the ability exists to customize the add individual/spouse/child/parent forms to include a variety of 'fact types'. Using the Alternate name and Reference Number predesigned facts, a date field is included, which I do not want to display on the form. I created my own 'fact type' for each without a date to be exported and without a date in the sentence template; and, the program still added the date field to the fact on the form. Is there any way or work-around that would eliminate my unwanted date field? Thanks ...

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:37 PM

No, there is no way to choose which parts of a fact should be excluded.

It doesn't check your fact type list to see what fields you have enabled or not enabled.

I tab through the fields I don't want to fill in.

#3 Ludlow Bay

Ludlow Bay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:31 PM

Under versions RM4 & RM5, the ability exists to customize the add individual/spouse/child/parent forms to include a variety of 'fact types'. Using the Alternate name and Reference Number predesigned facts, a date field is included, which I do not want to display on the form. I created my own 'fact type' for each without a date to be exported and without a date in the sentence template; and, the program still added the date field to the fact on the form. Is there any way or work-around that would eliminate my unwanted date field? Thanks ...

I'm not sure what you mean by " I created my own 'fact type' for each without a date to be exported ". On the Edit Fact Type screen, did you uncheck the "use date field" box?

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8457 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

Confirming the issues with the "Customize this Form" when adding new individuals. The Reference # fact includes a date field when it should not. The Alternate name fact does not include name fields to enter names correctly. These have been noted in our tracking system for resolution.
Renee
RootsMagic

#5 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:49 PM

Confirming the issues with the "Customize this Form" when adding new individuals. The Reference # fact includes a date field when it should not. The Alternate name fact does not include name fields to enter names correctly. These have been noted in our tracking system for resolution.

Instead of choosing which fields of a fact to include on the Customize this form screen, I would like to have the Add new person screen include the fields that are checked by the user for each fact, user defined or program default, in Lists, Fact type lists.

For instance, if I have date, place, and descriptions checked on Fact type lists for the Reference No. fact, those are the fields which would be on the Add new person screen rather than RM automatically just showing the description field.

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8457 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

Instead of choosing which fields of a fact to include on the Customize this form screen, I would like to have the Add new person screen include the fields that are checked by the user for each fact, user defined or program default, in Lists, Fact type lists.

For instance, if I have date, place, and descriptions checked on Fact type lists for the Reference No. fact, those are the fields which would be on the Add new person screen rather than RM automatically just showing the description field.

Confirming enhancement request added to tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic

#7 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:16 AM

Well, I created a new fact called TESTING.
Checked the box for Use Place and Use Description but left the Use Date box blank.
When I added this fact to myself, there was no place to enter the date.

But, I don't know to which Form munchie was referring.
Alfred