• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Shealy

Shealy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

Whenever I go into an edit source record, the bibligraphy data disappears. It happens in both edit for master source and for individual citations. I am using Win 7 (64-bit).

#2 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:36 AM

Whenever I go into an edit source record, the bibliography data disappears. It happens in both edit for master source and for individual citations.

I noticed that, too. Lists > Source List.
The bibliography text shows in the Master Source window.
In the Edit Source window, the text for Bibliography is gone.
~ Debbie

#3 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2073 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:53 AM

Yes, looks like a display issue. The data is still there, but just not appearing, as can be seen when going back into Lists > Source List and looking in the right pane when highlighting that same entry in the left.

Edit: Just tried clicking on the OK button when in edit mode, and the bibliography information looks to be gone. Do not attempt to edit free-form items until after the fix.

#4 RootsMagician

RootsMagician

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:58 AM

This will be fixed in the next update (later today).
RootsMagician

#5 Adronson

Adronson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

Edit: Just tried clicking on the OK button when in edit mode, and the bibliography information looks to be gone. Do not attempt to edit free-form items until after the fix.

Also looks like appending a citation to a fact will wipe the Biblio data on the source. So, don't do anything with sources until the patch comes in.

#6 gsdjj

gsdjj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:39 AM

Is there any update on when a bug fix is going to be issued.
I also cant view any sources that I have added, you click on them and then it tries opening the source information and gets stuck.

You get the “skeleton” shape then an error. I cant use the program and am getting really frustrated!!!

#7 Helen

Helen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

Still not corrected in RM 5.0.0.3!!

I will put in ticket.

#8 CaroleK

CaroleK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:26 PM

Same issue here. Double clicking on a source citation entered in RM4 or attempting to open by clicking on "edit" causes an error with an offer to submit an error report. I'm waiting this out with RM4 until issues are resolved.

#9 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2073 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:57 AM

Helen, the blank Bibliography issue looks to me to have been corrected in RM 5.0.0.3. Where/what are you seeing that's not working properly?

gsdjj/Carole, I'm unable to duplicate what you're reporting in Windows Vista (nor had I been in XP), but things obviously aren't working as they should be for you.

#10 gsdjj

gsdjj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:36 AM

Helen, the blank Bibliography issue looks to me to have been corrected in RM 5.0.0.3. Where/what are you seeing that's not working properly?

gsdjj/Carole, I'm unable to duplicate what you're reporting in Windows Vista (nor had I been in XP), but things obviously aren't working as they should be for you.

I cut and pasted screen shots to s& n genealogy, but they told me to conact rootmagic. I sent the same emails with lots of details to support@rootsmagic.com, but NOBODY! has replied, so i then turned to these forums. I desperately want to get on with doing my family history and want to go back to RM4 but dont know how to!

Im using Windows Vista Home Basic with service pack 2 on a 32 bit operating system.

#11 gsdjj

gsdjj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:06 AM

When I started up RM5 this morning it said there was an upgrade. GREAt I thought. With RM running I clicked download, it did this and updated itself. I find there was no change, although the timeline part looked a bit different
I then looked at www.rootsmagic.co.uk which clearly says

Upgrade

Patch to update from RootsMagic 5.x to 5.0.0.3

Make sure RootsMagic is not running.
CLICK HERE to download the latest update file.
You will be asked if you want to "Open" (or "Run") or "Save" the file. Choose "Run" or "Open".
After the file has downloaded it will run. Follow the prompts.
You can then start RootsMagic, and do "Help > About" and make sure it says you are now using version 4.1.2.1

I turned it off, de activated my firewall and all software to protect my computer JUST IN CASE. Downloaded the patch again, then installed that one. Thinking I was very clever, I checked again, and still it doesnt work.
Let me explain

I click on a person.
Click on a fact, (any facts)
Click Sources
It shows Citation manager
If i click on it to get the details or click on add a new scource i get a shadow/skeleton version of the new form and then it stops with a Warning box appearing. This says
Unexpected error. Access Violation at address 62C4C09C in module 'msht
There is also an option to send a report or cancel.
I can forward you screen shots if you give me an email address to send it to

disgruntled RM5 user......

#12 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2073 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:11 AM

gsdjj, you may want to sumbit a formal RM Support ticket. (See http://support.rootsmagic.com .) Follow up by Support may lead to a request that you submit a copy of your database for analysis.

I imagine that Support is receiving a heightened number of inquiries given the new release.

Edit: What does Help > About RootsMagic reveal your version of RM5 to be?

#13 gsdjj

gsdjj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:54 AM

gsdjj, you may want to sumbit a formal RM Support ticket. (See http://support.rootsmagic.com .) Follow up by Support may lead to a request that you submit a copy of your database for analysis.

I imagine that Support is receiving a heightened number of inquiries given the new release.

Edit: What does Help > About RootsMagic reveal your version of RM5 to be?

It says 5.0.0.3 (01 Decemebr 2011)
I think its a typo error in the download instructions given on http://www.rootsmagi...rades.htm#patch

I have submitted a report and apparently Jason is working on it. Its very difficult haveing not been on forums before to know where to turn.!

#14 Ludlow Bay

Ludlow Bay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:30 AM

I cut and pasted screen shots to s& n genealogy, but they told me to conact rootmagic. I sent the same emails with lots of details to support@rootsmagic.com, but NOBODY! has replied, so i then turned to these forums. I desperately want to get on with doing my family history and want to go back to RM4 but dont know how to!

Im using Windows Vista Home Basic with service pack 2 on a 32 bit operating system.

gsdjj - you're going to have to cool your jets. RM5 was only released 5 days ago ..... sometimes, we wait YEARS for bugs to be fixed.

#15 gsdjj

gsdjj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:40 AM

gsdjj - you're going to have to cool your jets. RM5 was only released 5 days ago ..... sometimes, we wait YEARS for bugs to be fixed.

I never buy anything thats new! Im always streets behind, and the only time i do and its not a good move. Can I go back to RM4?

#16 gsdjj

gsdjj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:58 AM

Ive got RM4 working again, so happy now :rolleyes:

#17 John James

John James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

You can then start RootsMagic, and do "Help > About" and make sure it says you are now using version 4.1.2.1

I think this was the most important part of this instruction and where the instruction should have ended :D

#18 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8493 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:55 PM

Is there any update on when a bug fix is going to be issued.
I also cant view any sources that I have added, you click on them and then it tries opening the source information and gets stuck.

You get the “skeleton” shape then an error. I cant use the program and am getting really frustrated!!!

This is a separate issue the RootsMagician is trying to reproduce. Please open a support ticket at: http://support.roots...us_requests/new

We need your assistance is helping us test a fix, if you are willing.

We will be placing a list of all fixes in each version of RootsMagic 5 in the Announcement Forums - http://forums.rootsm...-announcements/

Version 5.0.0.3 fixes are listed there.
Renee
RootsMagic

#19 gsdjj

gsdjj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

Renee, I submitted one the other day, is it any good, or do you need another? it was Request #14279 .
More than happy to do another if needed.
Jill

#20 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8493 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

Renee, I submitted one the other day, is it any good, or do you need another? it was Request #14279 .
More than happy to do another if needed.
Jill

We should be good. Coming close to a resolution.
Renee
RootsMagic